While beginning a new journey, there are more critical things to consider than the stress of any mishap! A few items must be on your travel checklist regardless of whether you travel frequently or if this is your first trip. Your passport and visa should be the most essential items.
You can travel anywhere in the world with your passport, a legal document recognised worldwide. Therefore, misplacing or losing your passport while travelling could put you in an unforeseen situation. Not to worry! This loss is avoidable! If you have Bajaj Allianz travel
insurance online, you can stop worrying about the hole in your wallet and concentrate on getting your emergency passport as soon as possible.
What Consequences May Result From The Loss Of An Indian Passport?
Given that you have Bajaj Allianz travel insurance online, losing an Indian passport might not spell the end of your international travel plans, but the chaos is enough to ruin your well-laid plans for a vacation. If you lose your passport while travelling or even before you leave, you risk the following consequences:
- Before receiving a temporary passport, you might need a prolonged investigation.
- You might be sent back to India if the investigation into losing your Indian passport while travelling is unsuccessful.
- Your trip may be cancelled if you lose your Indian passport before leaving your starting
- In some cases, when you lose your passport, especially while abroad, the issuance of an emergency certificate may be necessary. This document serves as a temporary travel document and facilitates your return to India or continuation of your travel plans. However, the process may still involve some delays and administrative procedures. *
How Can Mayhem Be Avoided Following The Loss Of An Indian Passport?
If your passport is misplaced while you’re travelling, keep in mind the following:
- First, report the loss of your passport to the local police station or other authorities.
- Beforehand, keep extra copies of your Indian passport on hand.
- Keep a digital copy of the passport on your drive or in the mail to access it from anywhere.
- Have a copy of your birth certificate at hand
- Always keep a list of the Indian consulates and embassies in the country you are visiting and the helpline number for Bajaj Allianz travel health insurance so you can contact them whenever you need a temporary passport issued quickly. Claims are subject to terms and conditions set forth under the travel insurance *
How Do I Use My International Travel Insurance Plan’s Passport Coverage?
Your travel insurance company worries about the financial losses brought on by losing your passport. The insurance provider might ensure that all the hassle of returning your passport to you is all you have to deal with financially. Following are some simple steps to claim your passport coverage under the top international travel insurance online policy:
- a) Notify the local police of the location when you realise your Indian passport has been lost.
- b) After that, notify your insurer of the loss. The insurance provider might require you to submit records like:
- Original First Information Report (FIR )(filed with the local police)
- Original receipts serve as a record of the costs incurred
- Specifics regarding the attempts to search the passport.
- Information about where and how the passport was lost, stolen, or damaged.
- c) After the verification procedure is complete, the insurer may pay the costs of giving you a duplicate passport. You can then continue to enjoy all the benefits of travel insurance.
Subscribe to Bajaj Allianz General Insurance YouTube Channel here!
*Standard T&C Apply
Insurance is the subject matter of solicitation. For more details on benefits, exclusions, limitations, terms, and conditions, please read the sales brochure/policy wording carefully before concluding a sale.